How to Hide Whatsapp Chat: WhatsApp is a leading social media platform for communication. More than 1.5 billion people have used this app to communicate. Sometimes, we share some sensitive information on it and we want to hide it the others.
If you want to hide WhatsApp chat in Android, then you are in the right place. Because here I will explain 3 easy methods to hide Whatsapp chat in Android. These methods are super simple. You don’t require to root your device or anything. Only follow the below steps to succeed.
Here Are the 3 Methods to Hide Chat in WhatsApp:
The first method is Archive Whatsapp Chat to Hide A Chat in WhatsApp. Whatsapp officially provides you an option to hide your chat. To do this follow these below steps:
- Tap on the Chat that you want to hide.
- Then click on the Archive icon to hide it.
You can also archive all chats on Whatsapp. Follow this below steps to hidden chats:
- Click on the Menu Button > Settings
- Then Go to the Chat option > Chat History > Archive All Chats
Follow these simple steps to hide your chats. This Archive Chat features don’t delete any chats in Whatsapp.
Unarchive a Chat on Android:
- After archiving a chat, you will find an Archived option at the bottom.
- Click on this option to find your hidden chat.
- Select on the Chat that you want to unhide and click on the Unarchive icon.
Boom! Your chats will be immediately restored in your Whatsapp’s feed.
You can also hide your conversation by using GBWhatsApp. It is an advanced version of WhatsApp. This app is not accessible in the Play Store. You have to download it from the third-party apps store. But don’t worry, it is safe and works perfectly in your Android.
Some cool features of GBWhatsApp:
- Lets you to Download status
- Fully Customizable
- Message Scheduler
- Send Up to 100 Photos at once and etc.
Steps to Use GB Whatsapp in your Phone:
- Take all the chats back up of your previous Whatsapp app.
- Next, uninstall WhatsApp from your phone and install GBWhatsapp.
- Then complete the signing process to use GBWhatsapp on your phone.
Let’s back to our topic. Follow these steps to hide chat in GB WhatsApp:
- Click on the chat that you want to hide and tap on the menu option.
- Then you will see a Hide option.
- After clicking on the hide option, it will ask you to enter a pattern.
- Enter the pattern to hide your chat on WhatsApp.
How to Unhide Chat in GBWhatsApp:
- Click on the WhatsApp logo on the top left corner.
- Next, enter the pattern that you give before.
- Then it will show the list of your hidden chats.
- After Tap on the chat that you want to unhide > Three Dot option > Mark Chat as Visible.
Then your chat will immediately restore in the feed of your Whatsapp.
Also Read: 10 Best Apps for WhatsApp on Android Devices
You can also use “Locker for Whats Chat App” to protect your private and group WhatsApp chats. Basically, it does not hide your chat. It locks your chats by a secure pin. This app lets you maintain your privacy through a pin. This app comes with an intuitive design and easy to use interface. And the most interesting part is that this app is completely free to use.
How to Use This App to hide a chat in WhatsApp:
- Download and install this app on your phone.
- Launch this app by tapping its icon.
- Create a four-digit pattern to lock your chat on Whatsapp. The password is also the same for the WhatsApp application.
- Give a recovery email address that helps you to recover your pin in case you forget it.
- Grand, some necessary permissions to run it.
- Lastly, tap on the ‘+’ icon to add the chats that you want to lock.
So, these are some easy methods that help you to hide your chats. All the steps are super easy and safe to use. I hope this article gives you a good answer to the question “how to hide WhatsApp chat”.